164 Katherine Street, Sandton

Section 12J Certificates – The paper you need to get your money back

As a Section 12J investor, in order to get access to your investment rebate, you will need to be in possession of your Section 12J certificate. This certificate can only be issued by SARS-registered VCCs. Typically, this certificate will be issued to investors within 6 weeks of receipt of funds.

This Section 12J certificate includes the full name of the taxpayer, the taxpayer’s registration number, and the year in which the investment was made into the VCC, amongst other particulars and information required by SARS.

The Section 12J certificate should be bundled tightly, safely, with all of the investor’s tax documentation. This is important, as SARS is entitled to request proof of the Section 12J certificate, at any time, if required.

Related Posts